Odyssey ApartmentsAgia Barbara - Askeli Poros 180 20 - Greece
Copyright ©2019 - 2022 powered by
Terms and conditions of booking with Odyssey Activities.
There may be a requirement legal or otherwise for us to alter these terms and conditions, we advise you to visit this page before your arrival date. Any significant changes will be emailed to customers with a confirmed booking or a pending enquiry.
Acceptance: Please read through these terms and conditions below before you pay your deposit. For guests booking any sea kayaking related products please pay particular attention to the information included in section 5.
1. Contract of sale: When making a confirmed booking for more than one person the designated person as shown on the confirmation letter, invoice or email is responsible for payment of the total invoice and these terms and conditions apply to that person and their contract of sale with Odyssey Activities. If you are not the designated person shown on the confirmation letter and wish this to be changed, please contact us in writing, indicating who is the designated person or persons, each designated person must be aged 18 or over. If a group wish to be invoiced as individuals, we are able to do this.
2. Deposit, Reservations and Final payments. The contract or sale between Odyssey Activities and you, the consumer, starts on the date when your non-refundable deposit is paid. Your invoice will outline payments due. The non-refundable deposit of 50% [or other % as agreed by us in writing] of the total cost of your accommodation, activity holiday or activity session will reserve a place for your booking. You may pay by direct bank transfer or other online payment process. The balance is due 90 days prior to commencement of our service to you, unless agreed otherwise and in writing by us. If you fail to pay the remaining balance by 60 days prior to your arrival date and no alternative payments arrangements have been agreed in writing between us and you, your holiday booking may be cancelled and you will lose your non-refundable deposit and any other monies paid [as explained above.] We may also write to you reminding you of this booking condition 7 days before the final payment date. Reservations and bookings made for any of our services that are within the 90-day period, require full payment at the time of booking.
3. The price stated includes: For all holiday options and activity sessions, the description shown on the relevant page for each activity or holiday option and any related add on provided in any invoice. Apart from included transfers where stated, the price does not include: Transport to and from Poros from your home and travel or accident insurance [which we recommend that you purchase].
4. Cancellations issues for any prepaid products or services. The contract of sale is with the named person on the confirmation letter. The non-refundable deposit assures your reservation. The total balance of the holiday or activity session cost [less the non – refundable deposit] already paid, may be part refundable, if you notify us in writing at least 90 days prior to your planned arrival date. Should you cancel any holiday component less than 90 days prior to the planned start date of your holiday, no refund from ANY payments paid will be provided. All notification of cancellations must be made by telephone and confirmed in writing by us via email. If you change or transfer from one activity holiday to another, including any individual components, more than 90 days before commencement (of the activity or holiday you are transferring from) there is no transfer fee. We recommend that you purchase holiday cancellation insurance. We will do our best to provide you with a refund or make changes to your booking where we can, but this is generally not possible.
If your cancellation is due to you having COVID-19/ “flu-like symptoms”, supported by a medical certificate, we will keep the full amount in connection with the booking as a credit. Any credit resulting from a such a cancellation does not have an expiry date and may be applied towards any other available holiday offered by us. This credit however is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
5. Sea kayaking activities: The sport of sea kayaking can be subjected to the presence of adverse conditions (wind, tide ,& other weather factors) and the abilities of the participating group as a whole. Any sea kayaking activity provided by Odyssey Activities is booked by you on the understanding that you accept that the sea kayaking product, service, trip or itinerary that you ordered or agreed to purchase, may be subject to change as necessary to safeguard all participants’ safety and wellbeing. By making a confirmed booking (contract of sale) you accept that you are flexible and agree to any itinerary changes or activity modifications made by Odyssey Activities in the interests of participants’ safety and that you accept that no refunds will be provided for any sea kayaking activities that had to be cancelled due to adverse weather, other environmental factors or other safety related reasons that were out with the control of Odyssey Activities.
6. Medical conditions and disabilities: If you or any member of your party have any medical problem or disability at the time of booking, [and or any other time until the completion of your holiday with us] which may have an effect on your participation in your holiday, please tell us so that we can advise you as to the suitability of the chosen arrangements. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking or later (If you wish to book online you should email or telephone us with these details prior to making your booking online). If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline the booking or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details. No refund will be offered; therefore, we advise you to purchase travel insurance.
6a. Guests contracting Covid-19 during their stay: In the unfortunate case you contract Covid-19 during your stay at Odyssey we will have to follow strictly the quarantine measures that are prescribed by the Greek Ministry of Health. Odyssey cannot accept any liability in such a case and will have to obey the rules exactly as the health authorities will prescribe. At our premises a quarantine apartment can be made available any moment this is required.
7. Participants Responsibilities: All participants are responsible for choosing the activity or holiday that best suits their interests and abilities. We have many different types of active experiences in an effort to help you choose the one that is most appropriate for you. Participants are responsible for being in sufficient health and physical fitness to participate. Individuals are also responsible for being fully informed of all holiday information and for bringing the appropriate personal equipment and clothing. Consumption of alcohol is not permitted within 8 hours of any on-water activity or cycling activity. We have the right to refuse participation. Odyssey Activities reserves the right at all times to terminate your holiday if your behaviour is considered by our staff or by any other person with appropriate authority, likely to cause offence, distress, danger, damage or annoyance to other clients, our employees, any third party or damage to property. In the event of such termination our responsibility for your holiday will cease, we will have no further obligations to you or your party and we will be under no further liability to make any refunds or meet any costs or expenses incurred as a result.
8. Supplements and surcharges: Any payments by credit card may incur a surcharge. All other supplements are shown on prices and availability page. At present, there are no other surcharges involved in or expected for any of our services.
9. Complaints: Odyssey Activities hope you never have any complaint with any of our services but in the event that YOU DO HAVE A COMPLAINT we want to find out about it immediately. If you do have a complaint [excluding any cancellation issues refund or payment terms as outlined above] either before or during your holiday, please bring this to the attention of any member of our staff. If this does not resolve the complaint to your satisfaction, please request our complaint proforma, return this to any member of staff and we guarantee to investigate this within 24 hours. We will also inform you of the results of your complaint and discuss these with you personally.
10. Confirmation and further information. Once your holiday, accommodation or activity session booking is confirmed by us, we will provide you with additional information that will assist you in preparation for your participation. We ask that, you contact us within 14 days before your arrival date if you require any other clarification on any matter.
11. Sharing of information: You have our personal assurance that we will not pass on to any third party, any personal details that you provide to us in booking any of our services, unless we have your written permission.